Friday, August 8, 2008

Baby's-eye view


This morning Audrey was lying on our bed after being fed, staring at the window behind our headboard. At least I think it was the window. Given her fascination with Headboard (see previous post) it could be that she was communing with "Big Headboard." Who knows. Anyway, I got down at her level on the bed and tried to take a picture of what she could see. When I did that, I found myself looking at a very striking set of shadows created by the iron work outside our window - with the morning light coming from the east, the iron bars made three heart shapes against the illuminated green curtains. That piece of window looks a lot more interesting from a baby's-eye view, and if she hadn't been so enraptured by it, I would have missed it.

4 comments:

Alexandria Poet said...

You could build a career as a 'baby's-eye-view' photographer...what an idea for a book: Through the Eyes of Your Baby. Photographers are always looking for new perspectives (and people are always looking for new ideas for baby gifts.) And I appear to be pursuing a new career of commenting on other people's blogs.

Unknown said...

Audrey obviously loves to communicate. Just wait until she can say a few words!

Pate' said...

I have known your mom since fifth grade or thereabouts and I say without equivocation that YOU ARE YOUR MOTHER'S DAUGHTER!

What a unique perspective! What a fine Idea for a photo!

Pat O. said...

Ode' to Headboard
Baby style Audrey via Gammie

Headboard, Oh, Headboard.
It always happens after I leak.
All it takes is one little peak.
To send me into fits of glee,
You mean so very much to me.

Headboard, Oh, Headboard.
Please don't think me as a freak
Or a pre-mature geek.
When I see you I just can't be meek
Perhaps it's your curves that I seek.

Headboard, Oh, Headboard
Mommy and Daddy think I am insightful
That I find you so delightful.
It is not because I'm so bored,
Just when I see you, I feel like I've scored.

Oh, Headboard my Headboard.