After the first hour I moved to the back seat but still couldn't convince her to go to sleep. Finally as we approached Yuma (and lunch at Subway) a little after noon, she fell asleep. But as soon as we carried her into the restaurant, she woke up. This enabled her to fully participate in the ritual eating-of-food-that-is-not-good-for-you of road trips.
By my estimation, here is what Audrey ate yesterday, in addition to some milk...
- about 10 french fries
- a sandwich bag of grapes
- a small container of "dry snacks" - graham crackers, goldfish, cheerios and yogurt melts
- chocolate milk and bites of chocolate chip and white chocolate macadamia cookies
- bites of turkey, bread, black olives and apple
- bites of hamburger, veggie burger, more french fries and an onion ring
- bites of ice cream from a root beer float
After lunch Audrey stayed awake the whole time until we got to San Diego around 5 pm, and then through dinner and playing at the park after dinner. She was tired but didn't want to go to sleep by herself in a strange pack and play in a strange room, so she stayed up until 9:30 before finally falling asleep!