Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Playdate with Gavin


Yesterday Gavin (Audrey's "twin") and his mom Lauren drove up from Sahuarita to have a playdate. Because I'd had such a good time at the zoo a couple of Mondays ago, I suggested we go there. It was more crowded this Monday, but a lot of the animals were still pretty visible and we had a good time. Audrey rode in her front carrier again, and Gavin was in his stroller. When we went up to the lion enclosure, the lion was sitting in the middle of his space, looking away from us. I walked up to the glass with Audrey as I had before, and he started looking over at us. Within a few minutes, the lion got up and walked directly toward us, walking around the pool and coming right up to the glass like last time. This time, instead of just mushing his nose against the glass, he pawed the glass a couple of times and then opened his mouth two or three times to show us his menacing teeth (although because he is a very elderly lion, the teeth were somewhat broken off and dull, so not all that menacing). Lauren held Gavin up and I snapped the picture.



After the zoo, we came back to the house and Audrey and Gavin ate and then played on the floor. Of course, they were most interested in the other one's toys, so we had a "plate of spaghetti" moment with the toy I call chewie ball - it's one of Audrey's favorites but Gavin had a serious interest in it too.



I was trying to get some "look how they've grown" pictures to compare to the earlier set of photos I took of Audrey and Gavin at breastfeeding support group, but the two of them didn't really seem to be playing on the same page this time - the best I could get was both babies on their backs but facing in different directions!

No comments: